Thursday, February 14, 2013

various - port out, starboard home.


here's another rule-breaker, but like the svn okklt compilation, this one is too special and demands to be heard by anyone and everyone: port out, starboard home on posh isolation.

I've had my eye on this one for a long, long time, and it finally went up for sale right before my birthday, so it was kind of a gift to myself for making it through another year.

dedicated to the victims of human trafficking in northern europe, this double cassette compilation runs the gamut from ambient to drone to harsh noise. every track here is absolute gold and almost all are by posh isolation veterans - definitely heavy hitters in the noise and drone subgenres. and the sequencing is fantastic, lots of ups and downs make sure each track is fresh and unlike the one before it.

damien dubrovnik, puce mary, croatian amor, alleypisser, forza albino, and many more are all here in peak form so it should go without saying that this release is a must for any fan of extreme music. I'm sure many of you out there have already found this and fallen in love, but for those that haven't, here it is.

scott macaulay, my former boss at forensic films and current editor of filmmaker magazine, told me that listening to this music makes him feel like he, "should lie in a sewer and slit [his] wrists."

sounds like a resounding endorsement to me.

limited to only two hundred copies, this one has been sold out for a while now. but add it to your wantlist on discogs and wait...I'm sure one will show up for sale at some point. maybe.

check it out via the mediafire link below - you won't be disappointed.



(original post via noise nightfall.)


(for preview purposes only.)


No comments:

Post a Comment