Friday, April 26, 2013

record store day, part one - marshstepper / jock club split.


Marshstepper / Jock Club

31:21

59.43 MB

1. Marshstepper - In Pure Linen And Placed In A New Tomb
2. Jock Club - Ex-Fantasy
3. Jock Club - Unwilling Desire
4. Jock Club - Sector
5. Jock Club - Obsidian


by now, my infatuation with mount analog in los angeles should be no secret. not only is it just a mile from the apartment I share with my girlfriend, it also has the best selection of rare noise tapes and records of any store I've found on the west coast.

and when I found out that they were going to have two exclusive tapes limited to only one hundred copies each for sale on record store day, I made plans to hit it early. honestly, most record story day exclusives are lazy reissues that pander to the masses. there are definitely some cool ones mixed in but nothing seemed so essential that I'd want to brave the unwashed metalhead-masses of los angeles to get my hands on it.

so I headed to mount analog shortly after opening, where I swooped in, grabbed both tapes as soon as they were done being dubbed in the back of the store, made my purchase, and got out.

this is the first one - a split between marshstepper and jock club, two artists who are affiliated with ascetic house, a label I've featured before. the marshstepper side is one fifteen minute-long track that covers a huge stylistic range. I wasn't familiar with jock club at all, but their side is filled with ambient techno reminiscent of dominick fernow's work as vatican shadow.

strangely enough, this tape is still in stock at the mount analog store. if you like what you hear (and why wouldn't you?), grab one quickly - I'm sure the remaining stock will disappear very soon.

while you're at it, check out all of the other great releases mount analog has in stock. and if you live in the los angeles area and haven't already been, stop by mount analog asap. you won't regret it.



(for preview purposes only.)




No comments:

Post a Comment