Tuesday, July 28, 2015

book of sand - the face of the deep.



Book Of Sand - The Face Of The Deep

45:47

86.8 MB

1. Intro - To Live Forever
2. I Can Stand Right Here, See My Face On The Other Side
3. Swimming Through Water, Swimming Through Blood
4. The Water Of The Forest Is Happy
5. Dreaming Of The Deep
6. Interlude
7. All The Pretty Horses



this new book of sand tape comes courtesy of mouthbreather records and it's easily one of the strangest black metal recordings I've heard in a while.

it's all very...delirious.

child-like melodies from myriad instruments merge and digress over and over again throughout this collection of tracks.

the blast beats and shrieked vocals only serve to underscore the utterly divergent, at times alien, nature of these compositions.

don't get me wrong, it's unmistakably bleak and black...but definitely unlike anything I've heard in a long time, if not ever.

the book of sand site even describes it as "alternate dimension symphonic black metal," and I couldn't think of anything more apt.

highly recommended.




(link removed by request.)


(for preview purposes only.)





No comments:

Post a Comment